The School Shop is a family owned and run business that has been trading since 1978. Mr and Mrs Fairclough started the business after being asked by the School that their daughters attended to help source and design a new uniform. They started with 2 schools and ran the business from their home in West Wycombe. After moving to Beaconsfield in 1982 they rented the premises in the new town that are still the base for the business today. Back in the late 1990’s they brought the freehold of the premises. Over the years all three of the Fairclough daughters have worked for the business in one capacity or another and this continues today with Mr Fairclough having finally retired, his daughter Julie Plastow has taken overall control of the business, with the help of an extremely capable manageress Caroline Hardy and a team of long serving experienced staff. Since moving to the premises in Beaconsfield the business has grown considerably and we now supply uniform and PE/sports kit to sixteen schools within the Buckinghamshire, Berkshire area. Of these schools eleven are independent schools.
Objectives and Services
- Our aim at the School Shop is to provide the customer with the best service, quality uniforms at the best prices.
- We offer expert advice from our team of experienced sales advisors.
- We have a comprehensive range of uniforms from the “Specials” to “generic” everyday items all competitively priced.
- We offer continuity, quality service and substantial stock levels for all our schools both during back to school season and the non-seasonal periods.
- We have developed excellent relationships with all our suppliers and manufacturers enabling us to continue to improve on quality and value.
- We have very good relationships with the schools that we serve and work very closely with them to ensure that we meet all their needs in relation to uniform. We work in partnership with our schools in the sourcing of new products and design of their uniform.
- We are flexible in our approach as we have learned that every school is unique and has a varying set of priorities and requirements.
- Our long experience within the school wear industry means that we are able to suggest tried and tested products that suit the needs of the school in question.
- Before any changes are made we consult fully with the school and their staff.
- To ease the process of purchasing uniform, we offer our secure website where parents can view and buy uniform at the touch of a button. Uniform can be purchased and dispatched or delivered directly to local schools.
- We also have a friendly telephone ordering service where orders are dispatched by 1st Class Royal Mail or delivered by hand to local schools.
- Alternatively you can visit our shop in Beaconsfield High street, it is not a self-service shop therefore every customer gets a one to one service with a knowledgeable sales advisor. We are open Monday to Friday 9am till 5.30pm and Saturdays from 9am till 5pm throughout the year.
- We also offer Rainbow, Beaver, Brownie, Guide, Cub and Scout uniforms
- School uniform is an important part of family life; a good uniform not only helps to develop a sense of pride but also helps to promote each individual school. Together with attention to detail and personal service The School Shop are keen to preserve this.
- Quality Assurance:- Every item supplied by The School Shop has been tested and approved to be appropriate for school children. Our large contracts with suppliers enable us to control the consistency, quality and price. We work hard to maintain our competitive edge but will not compromise on quality.
- We stand by all our products and promise to deal promptly and efficiently in the event of any item proving in any way unsatisfactory.